Another year in the books and another top ten list for games. It’s been a bit of a weird year: two system launches, multiple game delays, and nothing groundbreaking. Still, it’s not like there weren’t any great games in 2012; this list doesn’t have contain any mediocrity. Considering that a number of titles on this list were smaller releases, maybe there are a few here that you haven’t played. This isn’t an isolated opinion; many other media outlets had a number of, if not a majority of the titles on their top games list, made by companies that are not household names. It’s a bit weird that many of the best titles of the year came from obscure place but, then again, 2012 was a pretty bizarre year in gaming. (more…)
Weekly Video Game Podcast – August 9, 2010 <47 mins (43.3 MB)>
^ right click to save
- Jamie Gore and Chris Karpyszyn
- Finally a podcast that’s out on time
- Unfortunately there’s nothing much to talk about other than TORCHLIGHT 2!!!
- I’m not saying people shouldn’t buy the Xbox Live version of Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light but people just shouldn’t spend their money supporting half-finished software…I guess what I’m trying to say is don’t buy the game. Buy something better instead.
- Continue reading for sales figures from the week of July 31 and other stuff (all sales figures come from www.vgchartz.com)